Mississippi High School Film Competition – Saturday, April 22nd, 2017
The Mississippi High School Film Competition, a component of the Tupelo Film Festival Society, is a competition that was created to promote the art of filmmaking to Mississippi High School students involved in film and television classes, film groups or individual filmmaking. We are grateful to our sponsors Watkins College of Art, Design and Film (Nashville, TN) and The Casey Spradling Memorial Scholarship Fund for their support. In addition to the cash prizes and awards provided by the festival, the MS High School Film Competition was selected by Watkins College of Art, Design and Film of Nashville, TN to receive scholarships. (Please see information under Awards below) Please visit Watkins College of Art, Design and Film on the web to learn more about this prestigious school in Nashville, TN. This is a great honor for the festival and we are so thrilled to have been selected. A very special thanks to Watkins College for selecting the MS High School Film Competition to receive these scholarships.
The competition will be held Saturday, April 22nd, at the Malco Theatre in Tupelo, MS. Tickets will be $5. Awards show to follow the filmmakers Q & A. Come out and support filmmakers from around our state. Please see below for information on submission guidelines. For more information call 662-213-3307 or 662-605-0691 or email: email@example.com
1. Entrant must be a student enrolled in a Mississippi High School.
2. Film entries must not exceed 10 minutes running time including credits.
3. Film entries must have been produced in the last two years (no earlier than January 1, 2014)
4. Film entries must be in English or have English subtitles
5. It is permissible for film entries to have entered or won other contests.
6. Film entries should have minimal profanity and violence.
7. All film entries will be judged on performances, production values and originality. Entries will be reviewed by members of the Tupelo Film Festival Society. Entries selected will be judged by an independent panel of judges. Awards will be presented at the conclusion of the filmmakers Q & A. The decisions of the judges are final and any winning entry found to have violated the rules and regulations will have to forfeit.
8. Entry fee is $10 per film. Film entries must be submitted through FilmFreeway.com and the deadline for entry is March 25th, 2017.
9. Entrant must send a signed entry form by mail to Tupelo Film Festival Society, P.O. Drawer 1505, Tupelo, MS 38802. Forms MUST be signed by the sponsoring faculty member.
10. Film entries must submit a DVD or Bluray copy for screening.
11. Entrant please send a copy of your press kit and any other promotional items that will support the marketing of your film no later than March 25th.
12. Entrant please email a film still of your film to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 25, 2017.
13. Film entries should include entry title and name of entrant on all materials. If selected you will be notified by email on or before, April 1st, 2017. There is a limit of two (2) entries per entrant; each with separate application and submission on FilmFreeway.
Registration form, DVD or Bluray, press kit, and any other promotional items should be shipped to Tupelo Film Festival Society, P.O. Drawer 1505, Tupelo, MS 38802 no later than March 25th, 2017.
Entry Form MS High School Film Competition
All films will be judged by a ranking system from professionals in the industry. Judged awards will be determined by the creativity and professional quality of the films. The Audience Favorite award will be determined by an audience rating system. The audience will rank films on a scale of 1 to 10 and the film with the highest average score will win.
||$500 ($250 Trophy for filmmaker/$250 for school)
||$300 ($150 (Trophy) for filmmaker/$150 for school)
||$150 ($75/Trophy for filmmaker/$75 for school)
||$300 – (Trophy & Cash Award – This award is provided by the Casey Spradling Memorial Scholarship Fund.)
|*Awards and cash prizes are sponsored by the Watkins College for Art, Design & Film. In addition to the above cash prizes and awards – scholarships from Watkins College will be awarded: 1st place – $12,000 over four years; 2nd place – $8,000 over four years; 3rd place – $4,000 over four years. All scholarships are awarded based on successful application and acceptance to Watkins College. A very special thanks to Watkins College for selecting the Mississippi High School Film Competition to receive these scholarships.